Sometimes scared of being alone, other times scared of being surrounded by people; tears dripping out incessantly without any particular reason. One moment feeling like you can fight the world, a while later breaking down while climbing the never ending staircase. Some days of growing up can be terrifying. Since growing up is perpetual, the terrifying days are stretched across the horizon.
It’s strange. What can we possibly do.
A wise friend suggested, do random things and ignore everything else to feel better. So here are my list of random little things of joy.
- Pet the pets, brush their hair
- Sing or upload a song
- Dance random moves
- Listen to the rain
- Have a conversation
- Hot chocolate
- Be kind
- Arrange the closet
- Clean the book rack
- Hoover the carpet
- Crack a lame joke/listen to a lame joke
- Write poetry
- Record a poetry
- Arrange your desktop
- Write some more poetry
- Remember the most incredible thing that happened this year
- Smell coffee beans
- Practice handwriting
- Vision your wildest dream for the upcoming year
- Visit a book store
- Read Murakami San’s stories and wonder about human nature
- Watch an animated movie
- Make a list like this
- Read science articles on Medium
- Send poetry for publication (it might just get accepted!)
- Stay silent
- Turn off the wifi
Growing Up, a series on Growing Up, every Saturday – because Saturdays are perfect for overthinking.